School of Fishery, Sapporo Agricultural College, the School of Fishery, Tohoku Imperial University, and the School of Fishery, Hokkaido Imperial University (1907-1935)

February 1907 The School of Fishery was established in the Sapporo Agriculture College.
September 1907 The Sapporo Agricultural College was made part of the Tohoku Imperial University.
February 1909 The Training Ship “Oshoro-Maru” was built.
April 1918 The School of Fishery, Tohoku Imperial University changed to the School of Fishery, Hokkaido Imperial University.
May 1927 The Training Ship “Oshoro-Maru II” was built.
March 1935 The School of Fishery, Hokkaido Imperial University was abolished.

Hakodate College of Fisheries, The Hakodate College of Fisheries, Hokkaido University (1935-1954)

April 1935 The Hakodate College of Fisheries was established.
October 1936 The Toya Lake Station for Environmental Biology was established.
March 1940 The Nanae Fish Culture Experimental Station was established.
March 1944 The Hakodate College of Fisheries was reorganized.
May 1949 The Training Ship “Hokusei-Maru” was converted from a navy boat.
May 1949 The Hakodate College of Fisheries was transferred to Hokkaido University.
March 1954 The Hakodate College of Fisheries,Hokkaido University was aboloshed.

Department of Fisheries, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido Imperial University, the Department of Fisheries, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University (1940-1953)

April 1940 The Department of Fisheries was established as a part of the Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido Imperial University.
October 1947 The Hokkaido Imperial University was renamed Hokkaido University.
May 1949 The Hakodate Technical School of Fisheries and the Department of Fisheries, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido were combined to establish the Faculty of Fisheries, Hokkaido University.
April 1953 The Department of Fisheries, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University was abolished.

Faculty of Fisheries, Hokkaido University (1949-2000)

May 1949 The Faculty of Fisheries was established in Hakodate.
June 1949 Four departments, i.e., General Fishery, Pelagic Fishery, Biology and Aquaculture, and Chemistry and Marine Products Technology, were established.
April 1953 The Graduate School, Hokkaido University was established. The Faculty of Fisheries provided a Master’s course and a Doctor’s course.
April 1953 The specialized Training Course in Pelagic Fishery (one year) was established.
April 1954 The Training Course for teacher’s license in fisheries was established.
February 1957 The Training Ship “Hokusei-Maru II” was commissioned.
October 1957 The 50th anniversary was celebrated.
September 1962 The Training Ship “Oshoro-Maru II” was commissioned.
April 1963 The graduate school was named the Graduate School of Fisheries Science, and its term was set at five years.
April 1963 The Research Institute of North Pacific Fisheries was established.
April 1964 The Department of Chemistry and Marine Products Technology was divided into the Department of Chemistry and the Department of Food Science and Technology.
April 1966 The Toya Lake Station for Environmental Biology and the Nanae Fish Culture Experiment Station were officially recognized.
April 1966 The Department of General Fishery and the Department of Pelagic Fishery merged into the Department of fishing Science.
March 1970 The Usujiri Fisheries Laboratory was newly established in Usujiri, Minami-Kayabe-cho.
November 1970 The Main Building was inaugurated.
March 1971 The Research Vessel “Ushio-Maru” was commissioned.
April 1975 The Usujiri Fisheries Laboratory was officially recognized.
October 1976 The Training Ship “Hokusei-Maru III” was commissioned.
March 1981 The Student Laboratories Building was inaugurated.
March 1983 The Fisheries Museum was inaugurated.
December 1983 The Training Ship “Oshoro-Maru IV” was commissioned.
July 1987 The Annex building was inaugurated.
September 1992 The Research Vessel “Ushio-Maru” was commissioned.
March 1995 The Research Institute of North Pacific Fisheries was abolished.
April 1995 The Faculty was reorganized into four departments; Fisheries Oceanography and Marine Science, Marine Production System Science, Marine Biological Science and Marine Bioresources Chemistry.

Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences, Hokkaido University (2000-2005)

April 2000 The Graduate School of Fishery Science was consolidated from 4 divisions into 2 divisions comprising 11 core laboratories. The school was renamed the Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences.
April 2001 The Toya Lake Station for Environmental Biology, the Nanae Fish Culture Experimental Station and Usujiri Fisheries Laboratory were transferred to the Field Science Center for Northern Biosphere.
March 2002 The specialized Training Course in Pelagic Fishery was abolished.
March 2002 The Training Ship “Hokusei-Maru III” was decommissioned.
March 2002 The Research Vessel “Ushio-Maru II” was modified.
April 2002 The Ship’s name changed to The Training Ship “Ushio-Maru II”.
April 2002 The Collaborative Laboratories (Laboratory of Aquatic Ecosystem Conservation, Laboratory of Cellular Information Science) were organized.
December 2003 The Marine Frontier Research Building was inaugurated.
October 2004 The Cooperate Donated Chair (Laboratory of Algal Genetics and Chemistry) was organized.
April 2005 The Collaborative Laboratories (Laboratory of Aquatic Ecosystem Conservation, Laboratory of Cellular Information Science) were abolished.

Faculty of Fisheries Sciences, Hokkaido University (2005-)

April 2005 The Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences was divided into an Educational Part (Graduate School of Fisheries Sciences) and a Research Part (Faculty of Fisheries Sciences).
March 2006 Marine Science Creative Research Building was inaugurated.
April 2006 The Faculty was reorganized into four departments: Marine Biology and Applied Marine Science, Aquaculture Life Science and Marine Bioresources Chemistry.
May 2007 The 100th anniversary was celebrated.
June 2007 The Endowed Chair (Laboratory of Science and Technology on Fisheries Infrastructure System) was organized.
August 2009 The 100th anniversary of Oshoro-Maru was celebrated.
June 2011 The Controlled Environment Rooms were inaugurated.
March 2012 The Endowed Chair (Laboratory of Science and Technology on Fisheries Infrastructure System) was abolished.
April 2013 The Laboratory of Marine Bioresource and Environment Sensing, Marine Industrial Science and Technology,
Marine Products and Food Science were abolished, and The Laboratory of Marine Environment and Resource Sensing, Fisheries Engineering, Interdisciplinary Sustainability Studies, Marine Food Science and Technology, Marine Chemical Resource Development were organized.
July 2014 The Training Ship “Oshoro-Maru Ⅴ” was commissioned.